Monday, October 8, 2007

Weekend in Texas, etc:

I got to go home this past weekend.

It was glorious.

Brian and Christy got married. I was a groomsman. I also did the ushers job more than the actual ushers did. I paid for a tux. I didn't bring slacks for the rehearsal dinner. I ate steak. I drank margaritas. I gave Brian the "Birds and the Bees" talk. I told Lance he resembled a ringmaster from the circus. I watched his little dog hump his toy monkey and then vomit. I hung out with Heather's family. I went to two church services. I didn't sleep much. I didn't see my friend Amanda at all. I did some other stuff, too.

Last week I found out that we are having a Halloween cubicle decorating competition at work! I immediately began working on my cube. I printed out over 60 pages of monsters from this site, and covered all the walls of my cube with them. People think I'm weird around here, but I really like it.



Also, last week I saw Midlake play in Lawrence. It was everything I hoped it would be. It was their last show for the Van Occupanther Tour, and the lead singer, Tim Smith's birthday, so it was a pretty cool show to catch. They're from Denton, so it's pretty cool to get to catch a band from the old scene I was in last year. If you get a chance to see them play, please go. They are really good dudes, and you won't be disappointed. *Turns out that Mandy Moore was there, too! Crazy!*

No comments: