Monday, December 17, 2007

Making Mischief.

I'm not sure I have been this excited about a movie since I heard that the new Indiana Jones was in the making...

Although, I heard the news a few months ago that it was in production...
recently pictures of the film adaptation of my favorite book of all time were released!

That's right!

"Where The Wild Things Are" is going to be a live-action feature film, which will release next October!

Now, when I found out that it was going to be live-action I got worried because it's my favorite book and I'm usually disappointed in the turnouts (i.e. "The Cat In The Hat"... "The Lost World", etc.) But Spike Jonze (one of my favorite directors) is directing it, Dave Eggers wrote the screenplay, and Jim Henson's Creature Shop is making the wild things... Not to mention Maurice Sendak (the original author/illustrator) is totally on board with it!

Here are the first two screen shots from the film.





Aren't they beautiful??

The cast looks pretty good as well, which includes Forest Whitaker, Catherine Keener, Paul Dano, and Catherine O'Hara.

Also, ex-girlfriend of director Spike Jonze, and Yeah Yeah Yeah's singer Karen O is said to be performing on the soundtrack, but it's unknown how many songs she will be singing.

Apparently, an early version of the film was screened in Pasadena earlier this month, but the people who saw it aren't allowed to say anything about it. It's said that the version shown to the test audience was an incomplete version, with music scores missing, wires showing, as well as most of the CGI not done. Many shots of the monsters did not have CGI faces yet implemented, and instead there were green markers on the costumes for post-production composition.

I can't wait!

Also, Dave Eggers (the outstanding author of "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius" and "What Is the What") recently wrote an adult novel version of "Where the Wild Things Are" entitled "The Wild Things" upon Sendak's request...

Are you kidding me?? It just keeps getting better and better!!!

No comments: