Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Did!


History has been made, and you and I were part of it!

When I think about how far we have come in the last 40-50 years, last night's election was a milestone in our nation's progress! I can't believe it.

Even though I appreciate Obama's ideas and agree with a lot (not all) of his projected policies, I am most excited about our country making a HUGE turn for our future!

I was laying in bed last night, trying to fall asleep, and I was thinking about Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights movement. I was thinking about how the struggles of so many people, and the ideals they taught and pushed brought about a huge change, and that what they went through is something that my generation has never had to see.

I was thinking about how babies that are being born now will never grow up in a nation that race is a hindrance for making dreams come true.

That is huge!

I heard Martin Luther King's daughter, Bernice King, say that the steps at the capitol were built by slaves, and she wondered if they ever thought that someone like them would one day ascend them.

It's a great day to be an American!

No comments: